tattoos

Thursday, December 17, 2009

What I Want for Channuka Revisited

A month ago, I made my holiday wishlist and on it was an amazing jacket from NISI.  I met the awesome woman behind this clothing line through a mutual friend when I was living in Madrid during my research year.  When I first saw this jacket, I coveted it, I pined over it, but it wasn't in my budget, and I had just bought my Bondgirl Fluevogs as a reward for drafting the last chapter of my dissertation.  So I hinted to my future hubs that I wanted it as a Channuka present.  A parcel arrived for me in the mail the other day, and I was ecstatic to open it and find this jacket inside1.

1. Jacket - NISI
Dress - Modcloth (remixed)
Boots - Fluevog (remixed)
Tights - Target (remixed)
Bracelet - Target (clearance)
Ring - Salamanca Spain (remixed)
Earrings - ???

You may ask why I'm wearing my Fluevog Bondgirls two days in a row.  Well, yesterday putting the left one on was a huge pain in the ass.  The cobbler did warn me that the high quality of leather that Fluevogs are made from might cause them to return to their original shape.  I'm hoping that wearing them a bit more frequently will stretch them back out.  Otherwise, I may have to visit my shoe guru again to have them re-stretched.  I love you John Fluevog, but my calves are not the size of Twizzlers!!!

Do others of you have problems buying boots that fit your calves?  Have you been getting any good holiday loot?  Giving any good holiday loot?  Has your waistline been suffering from all the amazing baked goods that seem to be ubiquitous this time of year? 

Oh, and make sure to check back because we will be having a NISI sponsored giveaway sometime in the near future!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger