tattoos

Sunday, December 13, 2009

Channeling My Inner Betty Draper - Holiday Party Edition

I love Mad Men and my personal style has been significantly influenced by the character of Joan.  However, there's much to love about Betty Draper's sophisticated, pretty style too.  My fiance and I hosted a Holiday Party the other night, and I tried to channel my inner Betty Draper with my party dress1, pretty prints, cooking, and hosting skills.

I couldn't find one of the attachments to my food processor, so I had to grate about a million potatoes for latkes by hand before the festivities could start.

1. Dress - White House Black Market
Floral cardi - Target
Tights - Target
Suede pumps - Nine West (DSW)
Cameo Choker - Etsy
Bracelet - Gift
Earrings - Edwin Pearl (Filene's Basement)

We were joined by a number of friends in festive attire for the latkes and other goodies and festive, holiday drinks, like pomegranate cocktails, mulled wine, and candy cane flavored beverages.

You can see my cameo choker better here.


Have you been to any holiday parties yet?  What did you wear?  We Fashionable Academics hope you are all having a wonderful holiday season!  Stay safe and warm and on top of your academic (or other work-related) responsibilities!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger