tattoos

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Purple and Red in 1863

Last month, the lovely Kasmira of What I Wore Today inspired me to combine purple and red in an outfit.  Yesterday I tried this color combination1 again for lunch with a colleague and teaching my class.  I had planned on stopping by a holiday reception after my class was over, but the weather was being so strange, that I thought it best to just go ahead and start my hour long commute home.  (The day started out unseasonably warm but we were having insanely strong winds and the temperature started dropping rapidly around midday.) 


1. Turtleneck - Target
Skirt - J. Crew (thrifted)
Purple tights - Steve Madden (Filene's Basement)
Oxford Spectator Pumps - r2 (DSW)
Belt - Target
Ring - remixed
Necklace - Etsy

I am a little bit fixated on these grey and black oxford spectator pumps right now, so I wore them again.  All of this outfit was remixed except for my new locket from Etsy, which I obsessed about so much that I had to buy it instead of leaving it on my wishlist.  It's made from an illustration from a Parisian fashion magazine from 1863.  I'm not sure that it matched the essence of the rest of my outfit so to speak, but I just felt like I had to wear it today.




Besides anything and everything, what should I wear this lovely locket with?  What accessories do you find yourself drawn to?  Do you have jewelry that you wear every day?  Again, I find it annoying to wear rings in the winter because of how they feel with gloves or mittens.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger