tattoos

Friday, December 4, 2009

Two Dresses for the Tweening

It's almost the end of the term.  Thank God!  To celebrate the fact that Ann Underfunded Humanity doesn't have to teach any more 7:30am classes, she and I (both wearing red coats) went yesterday evening to see that movie about sparkly vampires.  Apparently the flash on my camera also makes Dr. Watson/Jude Law shine like diamonds:

The sparkly Jude Law looks like he's going to bean me with his walking stick.  Perhaps it's because I really have nothing good to say about New Moon (in either book or movie format).  I know many of you, dear readers, are fans, though, so I won't go into my screed against co-dependency or tell you about how I consider myself to be on Team Victoria.

Instead I will tell you about how I layered two dresses.  In a fit of madness I bought this Kensie Girl plaid shift dress1, but I feel a little self-conscious about wearing it.  It's just a tad too short for my comfort level for daywear, so I tried my hand today at layering, putting a shirt dress over the little shift, to get a little more material onto my thighs.


1. Shift dress - KensieGirl
Shirt dress - Target
Shirt - H&M
Sweater Tights - H&M
Boots - John Fluevog
Necklace - Gift
Ring - from Salamanca Spain






Now, I'm no expert on layering dresses, but S. of Academichic is, as is Audi of Fashion For Nerds.  The latter put together an awesome tutorial on how to layer skirts on her blog yesterday.  I only saw it after I got dressed, but I think the results of my outfit were ok even so.  I love how the plaid just sort of peeked out from this neutral-heavy outfit.  Inspired by them and by the desire to take some of my spring and summer wardrobe into the depths of winter, I might be trying out layering some more in the future.


Have you tried layering two dresses or two pieces of clothing that you wouldn't have normally thought to wear at the same time?  Were you happy with the results?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger