tattoos

Thursday, December 24, 2009

Pops of Purple

As you may know, my favorite color is purple, and I like to wear outfits that are largely neutral and just have a pop of color to them.  Since I'm working from home on revisions again this week, I have been having to fight the urge to just stay in pjs all day.  (This is further compounded by a bruised behind which I got a few days ago from a nasty fall down the stairs in my house.  Note to self: do not rush down stairs in slippers.)  I would be even more inclined to give into this urge to lounge in pjs  if I didn't know that I tend to be much more productive, when I actually shower and take a few minutes to get dressed and put on a little bit of makeup.  I suppose it just makes me feel like I'm going to work....  And since it turns out that I do have a first-round interview for an academic position (yay!), I need to stay on task and actually be productive over the holiday.  So this1 is what I wore the other day to sit on my sofa with papers spread all around me working on revisions.  It was comfortable and a little more chic than my flannel pajama pants.

In the evening I got together with Ann Underfunded Humanity.  We both wanted to take breaks from our work (me from revisions and her from studying for her upcoming candidacy exams) and spend some time hanging out before she leaves town for the holidays.  Sometimes, there's no better way to break than a girls' night in with Sex and the City, pizza, wine, and Christmas goodies.  I also used it as an opportunity to wear my new purple shoes, which are a recent gift from my lovely, soon-to-be sister-in-law.

1. Purple blouse - Zara (a few years ago in Mexico)
Jeans - Express (remixed)
Cardi - Target (remixed)
Scarf - ???
Shoes - Daniblack (gift)

So, what about you?  Do you have many days off over the Christmas holiday?  For those of you who are academics, are you taking a real break or are you still plugging away?

Don't forget to enter our Giveaway and to check out NISI!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger