tattoos

Saturday, December 12, 2009

Last Class!

Thank you all so much for your comments on the blog post that I wrote yesterday.  Hopefully, Katie will find your responses helpful to her research.  I also wanted to say a big thank you to you all for reading our blog!  It has been so much fun for me to write these posts and to read those by my smart and stylish co-bloggers.  I'm so grateful to you for reading, and I love reading your thoughtful comments!

Yesterday, I taught my last class of the semester, which, by popular demand, was a review session.  My students were chomping at the bit to play Team Jeopardy: Colonial Latin American Version, and even insisted that I give them a Final Jeopardy question so that they could wager their points.  The two teams ended up tied, and they were seriously impressing and delighting me with their effort and enthusiasm.  After class, I headed out to celebrate the successful defense of an ecologist friend's candidacy exams.  I will still have some final papers to grade, but yesterday was a fantastic way to end the term.

I decided to wear the same dress1 that I wore to introduce my class to students at the Freshman Fair the Friday before the start of the term.  It seems like an eternity has passed since then.
 
1. Dress - Nine West (Filene's Basement)
Cardi - Target
Belt - From another dress
Boots - John Fluevog
Tights - Target
Beads - Blanco
Locket - Etsy

My fiance and I are hosting a holiday party tonight, so I will be donning one of my party dresses tonight and there might just be some pictures of Ann Underfunded, thechemist-coture, and other stylish academics on the blog sometime soon.  I have an undergraduate research conference to attend tomorrow.  Then it's just a final to administer and mark standing between me and a marathon of revision.  What are your plans for the weekend?  Are you on winter holiday yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger