tattoos

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

The Leopard in Winter

On Christmas day I started feeling a bit off.  I shouldn't be surprised.  I get sick at the end of almost every fall term.  I think it's because my immune system fights valiantly for months against all the bugs that my students have had and then just unfurls the white flag as soon as it seems slightly less inconvenient....   After two and a half days of constantly hacking and drinking theraflu, yesterday I finally felt well enough to get dressed in something besides pjs1 and do some work.

Since I was still coughing a fair amount, I decided not to overdo it and to just work from home on the syllabi for my two classes for next term (technically two terms since I teach at two institutions right now) and a little bit of course prep.  I did go outside briefly to take pictures just because I hadn't left the house since I went to go for a gown fitting on Christmas Eve.  

 1. Jeans - Express (remixed)
Blouse - Zara
Cardi - New York & Co. (remixed)
Boots - Steve Madden (remixed)
Beads - Blanco (remixed)
Leopard print fedora - Target

In the evening, I wanted to watch one of my favorite Katharine Hepburn movies, The Lion in Winter, but M. has been so kind to me the past few days that I decided not to press the issue when he wanted to watch Monday Night Football instead.  So I watched the first half of the Bear and the Vikings, while I made sure that all was in order for the first two lectures that I'll give in one of my classes.  Then I called it an early night.  I think that I overdid it, though, despite trying to take it easy. I spent the whole evening hacking.  Bleh.  So I'm off to the doctor in about an hour. 

I can't believe that classes start up again in less than a week!  Cruel, cruel quarter system leaving me with such a short break!  So, how much longer do you have on break?  What preparations are you making for your return to school or work?  Have you entered the giveaway yet?  Don't forget that we're closing the giveaway and randomly selecting winners tomorrow at 5pm!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger