tattoos

Sunday, December 6, 2009

Weekend Wear: Peacock

The other day I received these lovely peacock tights from ModCloth, and I couldn't wait to wear them!  I should have worn them on Weird Friday, but I was just too cold that day and had to wear jeans.  (When I got home from my Friday afternoon run with my librarian friend, I spent the next three hours wrapped in fleece blankets sitting next to a space heater and trying to convince Bailey to stay on my lap!) Yesterday wasn't quite as cold, though, and I wanted to wear these tights1 for a bit of grading, class prep, holiday shopping (I'm getting a bit of a late start this year), and tree decorating. 

I felt like this outfit was fantastic, but later when I saw the pictures, I realized that it wasn't as awesome as it seemed in my head.  However, in the spirit of fashionable academic honesty, I decided to go ahead and post the pictures anyway.  (I know some other lovely bloggers, like Chelsea, have also posted some outfits that they thought were less than perfect.) The whole reason that I started doing outfit posts on the blog was to get over my phobia of having pictures of myself taken.  My gut reaction on seeing any picture of myself was to judge, judge, judge, and pick, pick, pick.  I've come a long way in getting over that, but I still sometimes catch myself criticizing my outfit post pictures in ways that I never would those of anyone else.
                                                                                    1. Tights - ModCloth
                                                                                        Dress - American Apparel
                                                                                        Shirt - Moa Moa (Filene's Basement)
                                                                                        Cardi - Remixed
                                                                                        Wedges - Mia (DSW)
                                                                                        Belt - From another dress

Has this happened to you?  Have you put together an outfit that you thought was fantastic only to later realize that it didn't work for you?  I'm also curious as to your thoughts on American Apparel.  I love their colors and their labor policy, but everything I buy from them stretches out really quickly or falls apart after two washes.  What's up with that? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger