tattoos

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Whimsical Snow Stomp

Today I had to run some errands, meet some students during my office hours, and give a lecture in one of my classes.  Since I have about a half mile walk each way to the bus stop and nobody in this town shovels their walks, I have to resign myself to wearing snow stomping boots for the worst of the Midwestern winter.  It can break up the boot monotony to pair a pair of bad-ass boots by mixing patterns and by wearing something a little more whimsical . . . for example, polka dot tights and a dress with a fun pattern.1
1. Dress - Nine West (Filene's Basement and remixed)
Cardi - Target (remixed)
Tights - Topshop
Boots - John Fluevog (remixed)
Belt - from another dress (remixed)
Necklace - made by me (remixed)
Ring - shop in Salamanca (remixed)

I was so excited to finally wear these awesome tights!  M. ordered them from Top Shop for me over the holidays, and they didn't arrive until right before I left for my conference. I would have liked to pair them with a shoe that would show them off more, but that will have to wait until Spring Thaw.
Bailey realized she hadn't said hi to you, dear readers, in a while, so she wanted to make an appearance today.
Of course, she can be very fickle.  After begging to come on the photo shoot, she decided that she didn't want to look directly at the camera.  I think she's still a little miffed about having to be boarded while we were out in California....

On my bus ride home from campus tonight I saw the most amazingly dressed man.  (His briefcase and reading material led me to think he might have even been an academic.)  He had on an amazing grey coat and  orange scarf and black pants tucked into some awesome rubber boots.  I think after five winters in the Midwest, I'm starting to realize that it is indeed possible to be stylish and stomp in the snow.

So, how do you style your snow stomping boots?  And am I the only one who is already sick of winter?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger