tattoos

Friday, January 22, 2010

Fashionable Academics at the Gym




Imagine leaning over an enormous machine at the gym to do your thigh exercises and hearing "Hi Ms. Underfunded Humanity! About that homework...." from somewhere behind you. This has happened. Twice. Because I don't ever want to share too much with my students or my colleagues, I had to become very careful very quickly about what I wore to the gym. While I'm on guard in the classroom, I have to watch out for weight room attire as well.



La Historiadora de Moda and I took these shots of outfits that make us feel comfortable in the event of student or colleague run-in at the gym.



Example of accidental encounter with colleague. He kindly taught me how to get the best out of one of the machines and has a great outfit to boot!

How do you dress for the gym when you might encounter students or faculty? Do you think it's acceptable to wear shorts or loose shirts that might reveal your exercise bra?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger