tattoos

Friday, January 29, 2010

Derelict in My Duties

I would have posted this morning, but I was racing around like a chicken with its head cut off.  My colleagues at the liberal arts institution where I am currently a visiting faculty member had arranged for me to give a research talk this afternoon.  While I was so grateful for the opportunity, it turned out not to be such perfect timing in light of the fact that I got married a week ago today and, as a consequence, am behind on everything.  I was also in a rush because the chair of my department had emailed me to remind me to give my feedback on two fellowship applicants by the end of the day, and I couldn't access the network from home.  I'm not typically a procrastinator, and when too many things get pushed off to the last minute, I tend to get pretty stressed out.  I share this with you to show that sometimes sh*t happens, and I'm far from perfect.  Sometimes I'm even downright derelict in staying on top of my responsibilities.  Because I was so rushed, I didn't even have a chance to get a photo of my outfit, and to prevent a fine sheen of beagle hair from getting on my suits I change out of them immediately when I get home.  Fail.


So I might not be perfect, but I think the following nominees have practically perfect blogs.  Their blogs are definitely "over the top." 

1. Franca of Oranges and Apples.  Her daring use of color, her keen intelligence, and her awesome knitting abilities always keep me coming back for more!  Plus, I love that she does ashtanga yoga.

2. Diana of Smiles Go With Everything.  I only found her blog about a month ago, but it has become one of my daily reads.  Diana is quirky, positive, and someone that I would want to hang out with in real life.

3. Audi of Fashion for Nerds.  I would love to have a beer with this woman!  I absolutely love her daring sense of style, her intelligence, and her boot collection is amazing.

4. Hillary of By Hillary.  I love her nail painting skills, her pictures in the stacks, and her Hello Kitty apparel and makeup.  She is the only blogger who has worn something that I immediately contrived to own myself: an "I love nerds!" Hello Kitty tee.  (I convinced my mom to buy it for me for the holidays.)

5. Kasmira of What I Wore Today.  This blog and Already Pretty were the first style blogs that I read before I started and when I first began blogging.  Kasmira has an amazing, daring, fun sense of style.  Plus, sometimes she gives her readers gratuitous kitten shots!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger