tattoos

Saturday, January 23, 2010

A Fashionable Academics Wedding

So, I got married yesterday and it was such a wonderful, fun day filled with love.  I feel so lucky that I was able to share the day with my family, M's parents, and some of our closest friends.  I couldn't believe it, but everything went off without a hitch.  No one was late; no one got lost going to the courthouse or to the botanical gardens to take photos; no one had a meltdown.  A couple of friends sent us some gorgeous flowers.  My hair held up wonderfully thanks to the work of my amazing stylist.  We somehow magically purchased exactly the right amount of champagne and wine, and we had such delicious food and cake!

We won't get our proofs from our professional photographer for a few weeks, but I was so happy with how many of the shots that my sister and friends took of the day turned out.  So I thought I'd share a few from the day with you.

My mom, sister, man of honor, and thechemist-coture helped me get into my dress.  We were having way too much fun!

My man of honor and thechemist-coture made sure I arrived on time. 

Finally we got to kiss!  My younger sister and one of our best friends/my man of honor stood up with us before the judge.  (My sister's dress is awesome!  We found it for her at Filene's Basement for $11!)

The judge seemed a little bit flummoxed by the fact that I went the traditional route with something old (the vintage pearl cameo choker and the 1863 Paris hat locket), something new (the clutch and the Waters Too dress), something borrowed (a lovely charm necklace from my sister), and something blue (my beautiful floral cameo earrings from Etsy), but was keeping my last name.  He got over it pretty quickly, though. 

I wore three necklaces, two bracelets, earrings, and about a hundred bobby pins. 

I took off my shoes and changed into a simple Grecian number for the party/reception.  I got this dress for a great price from Nordstrom, and I didn't have to worry about taking up half the room or knocking over wine glasses all evening.  Phew!

For the desserts we had wedding cake (chocolate with oreo and key lime margarita were the flavors we chose), baklava, and chocolate mice.

I realize that this a completely self-indulgent blog post, but I promise to return to reality tomorrow.  I'm taking the rest of today off.  I'll eat Mexican food with my husband, mom, and sister and watch movies tonight.  Tomorrow I'll be back to writing lectures, running, and working on the introduction to my dissertation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger