tattoos

Saturday, January 30, 2010

The Life Outside... Kinda...

Last night my husband and I went out to dinner at one of our favorite restaurants to celebrate our first week of marriage and my survival of my research talk at the end of a long week in which I had too much work to do and not enough sleep.  I wore my favorite Fluevogs.1

1. Skirt -J. Crew (thrifted and remixed)
Turtleneck - Target (remixed)
Tights - HUE (remixed)
Boots - John Fluevog (remixed)
Ring - boutique in Salamanca, Spain

One of my dissertation supervisors also happened to be dining at the same restaurant with his wife and daughter last night.  It was nice to see him and get to chat for a few minutes.  He wanted to know how the talk I gave yesterday afternoon went.  Then, this morning, I went to meet some stylish friends of the academic persuasion for brunch, and my other adviser was breakfasting there with his partner and her son.  Since it was so crowded, we ended up in the same long booth for about twenty minutes.  It just goes to show you that we academic types are everywhere -- at the gym, at tiny little Italian bistros, at the local bookstore, at hip brunch places that serve organic food, and at the grocery store.

What are you up to this weekend?  Any chance you'll run into your advisor?  Your students?  Your boss?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger