tattoos

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Intertextual Purple Leopard

The other day, Chelsea of bright side dweller put together a fantastic outfit.  For me, what made her outfit so stunning was the combination of purple and leopard print.  So today I decided to put together my own ensemble, which alluded to hers.  I called it the intertextual purple leopard outfit.1

1. Shirt - H&M (remixed)
Purple Cardi - August Silk (Filene's Basement)
Jeans - Express (remixed)
Boots - John Fluevog (remixed)
Beads - Blanco (remixed)
Fedora - Target (remixed)

One of my favorite things about being part of the style blogging community is the chance for - to use a bit of academic jargon - intertextuality.  I like seeing what other style bloggers of various heights, sizes, genders, nationalities, ethnicities, religious backgrounds, etc. are wearing and, in some cases, the politics, environmentalism, and social awareness that goes into what they are wearing.  I have been inspired and influenced.  We don't all need to be a size 0 or a size 4 to dress stylishly and look fantastic -- or to be happy and healthy and have self-confidence. 

So where do you take your style inspiration from?  Whose "texts" are you imitating?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger