tattoos

Monday, January 25, 2010

I Love Colors

Have I mentioned that I'm not originally from the Midwest and that sometimes the cold, dark winters start to drive me a little bit batty?  Even though I've lived in this part of the country for a number of years now, I still struggle with SAD.  The short, cold and overcast days really take their toll on my psyche.  Like many, I fatigue more easily, and it's a bit of a battle to not just give in and hibernate in yoga pants until spring thaw.  I have found some of the things that really help me to fight the winter blues include drinking plenty of water, taking vitamins, bubble baths, exercise, and bright colors.

Just looking at my briefcase can lift my spirits, and there's nothing like an extra pop of bright, vibrant color on a grey day to pep me up.

This1 is what I wore last Wednesday.  I admit that even though my wedding was a small and low-key affair, I still didn't sleep very well the week before it.  I'm also currently teaching an evening class.  Because I'm a morning person, I have to put a bit of extra effort into my teaching when I have a class that doesn't even start until 5:30pm.  The bright red shirt and tight helped to keep me feeling energized as I ran wedding-related errands during the day and taught my class that evening.





1. Sweater Dress - Target (remixed)
Tights - We Love Colors
Shirt - Pixie Hopkins (Filene's Basement and remixed)
Shoes - r2 (DSW and remixed)

How do you deal with the winter blues?  What do you wear on those days when it's not so bright out?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger