tattoos

Sunday, January 24, 2010

What is he wearing?


While some on FA are currently under a shopping ban (stay strong L.H.d.M.), I recently went a little wild on a shopping trip and purchased some non-classroom but professionally appropriate clothes that were unbelievably marked down (featured here a knit zipper top that was more than 80% off!). While I feel the outfit meets most professional standards I worry that the epaulettes (which I love) and double front pockets may be too “youthful” for a meeting with faculty or colleagues. What do you think? If you were in a meeting with me what would you think my outfit was saying about me?





Top/Shirt - - Express
Skinny Tie - - Thrifted
Pants - - Alberto
Shoes - - Robert Wayne
Glasses - - Calvin Klein
Umbrella - - Totes

Supplemental Information:
In a recent post featuring La Historiadora de Moda and Ann Underfunded Humanity, we’ve starting looking at the life of the researcher/lecturer/professor outside of the classroom. Those chance encounters with our colleagues, and more often our students, keeps our guard up for suitable fashion choices outside the workplace while maintaining some level of professionalism. In the next series of post, I’ll be blogging what I wear to the run errands, go to a coffee shop, and dine at bars and restaurants. I’ll talk about fashionable choices that keep in mind the eyes of students and colleagues while still allowing for expression of a life outside academia. What is the style of an academic away from the academy? Take the chemist out of the lab and what will he wear? We shall see….
--- A formal congratulation to La Historiadora de Moda and M. on their nuptials Friday! I’m so very happy for you both and am honored I was able to be a part of your special day. I wish you the best and many chic years together!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger