tattoos

Sunday, March 28, 2010

What Should We Do With Odd Shoes?

Ah, Spring! I finally got to wear my first pair of Fluevogs out of the house the other day (they've been huddling for warmth in the closet since late February). It was hard to decide which pair to get. I love the Malibrans too, but only had so much extra editing cash and decided to go for practical (I walk a couple of miles to campus.)


OK, so "practical" in this case is a pair of light blue Mary Janes with yellow trim. It was a little difficult to decide what to pair with these beautiful practicalities. I like the outfit I came up with:
Shirt: Target
Hose: ?
Skirt: Jones New York (thrifted)
Shoes: Fluevog
Jewelry: Freshwater pearls from secondhand jewelry store and Kerin Rose rings

I thought that the darker colors went OK with the chipper blue and yellow and also thought that the fishnets contrasted nicely. I'd love to have more input from you, though, especially on types of hose to wear, shirt colors and styles, etc.

I'm also finding that my style has gotten a little more eclectic now that I'm on administrative duty rather than teaching. Do you experience similar style shifts during those non-teaching months?





And here's another shot of them! Can't wait to wear them out with some floral print skirts....

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger