tattoos

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Dress Challenge Day 3

I spent most of the day working on my dissertation at home, but since a couple of friends came over to join M. and me for what we call a "Think Tank" I felt inspired to shower and dress1 before they arrived at 10am.  Think Tank is a concept that I got from a friend of mine who is a professor in another discipline.  The general idea is that everyone works on their own project but at the same time in blocks that are about an hour long with 5-10 minute breaks in between and a longer break for lunch.  Sometimes people share a few paragraphs of writing for feedback or use one of the blocks to read over someone's chapter manuscript or an article they hope to publish.  The breaks serve as an opportunity to get up and stretch and share progress on how things are coming along.  The format doesn't work for some people, and everyone has to be disciplined enough (or at least have one person who is bossy enough) to make sure that the breaks don't get too long, but it has been a tremendously productive way of working for me when I'm able to attend one or host one of my own.

 1. Dress - Shabby Apple (remixed)
Shirt Dress - Target (remixed)
Magenta Tights - We Love Colors
Boots - ??? (gift and remixed)

By the end of one, though, I'm usually mentally exhausted, and I definitely was yesterday.  I was feeling better but still a little dodgy, so I decided not to go out and socialize with an even larger group of friends afterward.  However, I did reward myself for so much productivity with time on the couch with my husband and some episodes of LOST.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger