tattoos

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Dress Challenge Day 4

For the fourth wear of the 90 Words Per Minute dress that I bought from Shabby Apple, I decided to attempt to wear it with mostly bare legs, as it was finally (almost) warm enough for that this weekend.1 It really wasn't all that warm, but if felt comparatively balmy, and after the grey winter we have had here, it was so nice to have sunlight streaming into windows over the weekend.

1. Dress - Shabby Apple (remixed)
Cardi - Target (remixed)
Knee Highs- Target

Since I spent Saturday at home with my dissertation and some other work, I also felt that it might be a good time to wear the new Fluevogs that M. bought me for Valentine's Day.  They are gorgeous and fit perfectly, but they still need some breaking in before they hit the sidewalks of campus for a full day.  I wanted to wear this with ankle socks, but I only have a couple of pairs that aren't athletic socks and none of them were clean, so I went with fishnet knee highs.  Some may think I'm splitting hairs, but while I would, have, and no doubt will wear fishnet hose into the classroom, I'm less prone to wear knee highs.  I've done it once on the blog with argyle knee highs just peeking out over the top of a pair of tall boots, but something about knee highs makes me feel like I'm dressing like a school girl, and that's definitely not the image that I want to portray at the front of the classroom.

What are your thoughts about fishnets and knee highs in the work place and in the classroom?  Do you find the former too sexy and the latter too private middle school uniform?

And don't forget to stop by tomorrow because we are having a special giveaway!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger