tattoos

Monday, March 15, 2010

Color Me Concluded!

Yesterday, I wore this comfy and bright outfit to go over to the lovely AUH's home for brunch and a work session.1  She had some editing work to do, and I had my introduction to revise and my conclusion to write.  My dear friend and co-blogger fortified me with plenty of coffee and amazing ricotta pancakes with blackberries for the final push before I turned my dissertation into my committee today.

 1. Dress - Red Dress Shoppe (remixed)
Cardi - Say What (remixed)
Tights - Target (remixed)
Boots - Fluevog (remixed)
My new glasses - Coach

After I finished the conclusion, AUH was all to happy to accompany me to a nearby Goodwill for my first thrifting experience since before the shopping ban.  It was a day early, but I couldn't think of a better way to celebrate concluding than by going thrifting.  For the price of $7.44 I bought a lace top, a long cardigan, and a dress.

Today I printed out the beast, made copies, and gave them to the members of my committee.  There is still some work to be done: editing footnotes and compiling the final bibliography, as well as formatting it according to the university standards, but it feels amazing to reach this point!  Finally, the end is in sight! Hopefully, my committee will agree that it is ready to defend.  This evening I'm going to drink a bit of wine, watch Chuck, and relax.  Unfortunately, I have to tackle a bunch of student papers tomorrow, but for tonight I am allowing myself to feel like this:


How do you tend to celebrate major career milestones?

Don't forget to enter my birthday giveaway if you haven't yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger