tattoos

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Trending Topics, Take 2

On Tuesday I spent most of the day working on dissertation revisions from home.  I might not have been inspired to change out of pjs that day, but a little before noon a package, containing ModCloth birthday loot from a friend, arrived for me.  I mentioned in a previous post that I haven't owned a pair of shorts -- aside from gym shorts -- for years.  Well, now I do.  The length of this pair of shorts is way outside of my bare skin comfort zone, so I paired them with my wonderfully thick and vibrant magenta nylon/licra microfiber tights from We Love Colors.1  I'm glad I gave this trend another shot because I actually really loved the result! 

 1. Shirt - ??? (Filene's and remixed)
Shorts - ModCloth
Tights - We Love Colors (remixed)
Boots - John Fluevog (remixed)
Scarf - thrifted

When I hit a wall in my work in the afternoon, I convinced M. to go for a little walk with me and take some photos.  It was the perfect weather for pairing tights with shorts and wearing 3/4 length sleeves without a jacket.



I still don't think I would wear tights and shorts to teach in, but I might venture to campus to the library in them.  What do you all think?  Would you wear shorts (over tights) to give a lecture?  Would you wear them to do research at the library or archives (not at the Vatican, though, of course) or lab?

If you haven't yet entered my birthday giveaway, please do!  I consider your readership such an unexpected and awesome gift every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger