tattoos

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Pockets and Zippers and Spring Professartorialism

As promised, I've started trotting out my birthday treasures here on the blog.  Here are two more.  Today I was working from home on class prep and a bit of editing work here and there, so I thought it would be the perfect day to wear a newly thrifted Eva for Robert Janan dress with my new strappy, zippy sandals that I bought during my birthday shopping expedition.1

1. Dress - Eva for Robert Janan (thrifted)
Shoes - Michael Kors (DSW)
Bangels - ???

This dress makes me tremendously happy.  I noticed it hanging on the rack and I loved the colors and the style.  It reminds me of pointillism or neo-impressionism.  Plus, this dress has pockets!  Have I ever mentioned to ya'll how much I love a dress with pockets?  I never really put anything in my pockets, but somehow I find them incredibly comforting. 


I also love that these sandals have zippers!  The heel is actually very comfortable, but the straps need some breaking in before I wear them anywhere that much walking will be involved.

     
I think this dress will prove very versatile for springtime classroom attire.  It is a bit on the casual side, but I have to admit that I tend to relax a bit in my professartorial choices as the weather warms up in April and May.  So, even though I think they are rather on the sexy side, I don't doubt the sandals will eventually make a classroom appearance once they are broken in a bit more, as well.  Maybe I'll wear them with socks.  I feel like I'm just on the verge of truly embracing that trend.... 

Do you also tend to dress a bit more casually as the spring weather gets nicer?  Have you been able to wear sandals yet this spring? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger