tattoos

Monday, March 22, 2010

Date Night

So I've been gone for a few days.  A friend of mine from grad school, M., and I went to Virginia Beach to see a good friend of ours, and I also ran the Shamrock Half-Marathon while we were there.  I'm sore from running a race I hadn't been able to sufficiently train for and exhausted from traveling, but the show must go on.  I have a lot of work to get caught up on before tomorrow, but I'm looking forward to catching up on blogs in the next couple of days.

Before we headed out for our mini-break, M. took me out for a birthday dinner and drinks.  We went to one of my favorite restaurants and had delicious Italian food and a good Spanish wine.  I wore some of my new birthday loot1 and an old favorite.2

 1. Dress - Liberty of London for Target
Tights - We Love Colors (remixed)
Shoes - John Fluevog (remixed)

2. Trench - Michael Kors (Filene's Basement and remixed)

I have had the trench for about five years, and it has served me well on three different continents.  At some point I lost the belt to it, but I still love it anyway.  It's one of those garments that has so many good memories attached to it that it will probably fall to pieces before I'm willing to give it up.  It reminds me of many of the evenings that I spent with the friend that I visited in Virginia Beach before she moved there.  It reminds me of my trip to Morocco.  It reminds me of November in Madrid.

Do you have any pieces of clothing that you associate with particular people or places or that invoke memories?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger