tattoos

Sunday, March 14, 2010

A Night Off

Recently, my academic life has turned into an all star writing fest. I’ve recently discovered my dream postdoctoral fellowship has some application deadlines that are going to require me to finish a little faster than I once thought. And to quote a recent facebook status “ …[it] feels like I just fired the starter pistol on my last year…” But my I have made sure that my late night working, and Sunday writing fests don’t’ get the better of me. I promise myself at least one full day on the weekend, off. Worry free, guilt free, off! No writing, no chemistry, no thought experiments. And on this Saturday, I had a lovely shopping day with my besties and picked up a few items for the “date” with my hubs. I needed some new jeans and found this black dress shirt for $10 bucks! I know the outfit is a little dark for the every-so-anticipated spring. But we were heading out to sexy little wine bar for dinner and drinks and I like how sultry this outfit looked. The night off was well worth it. Fancy bottle of wine, wonderful tapas, and long chat by a fireplace. Not one compound, fellowship application or experiment crossed my mind. Bliss!

1. Shirt-- Target
2. Tie-- Banana Republic
3. Vest-- Target
4. Jeans --Levi


Do you reward your hard work with “vacations” from the academy? If so, how do you let go of work?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger