tattoos

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Birthday Festivities

So far I've had a really lovely birthday.  One of my best friends came into town yesterday afternoon and stayed the night with me.  After a dinner and ice cream with some other friends of ours, we came back to my place and watched a dvd, drank some wine, and laughed heartily at the antics of our dogs.  Bailey and Jack truly made it an epic slumber party.

In the morning we got up and went to meet up with some other friends for a delicious brunch at one of my favorite restaurants.  It was a big group of academics representing the disciplines of History, English, Chemistry, Theatre, and Natural Resources.  My darling friend had to take off early to go do some fieldwork in the forest.  I think she might have changed for her day in the woods, but she was rocking shorts over tights (We Love Colors and a birthday present from me) with knee socks before she had to go.


thechemist-coture also had to flee shortly thereafter as he had an experiment going in the lab and had to get back in time for the next step, so I quickly ordered everyone to gather round for a photo, as we were all looking quite put together, including M. who was taking the picture.  Please excuse any weird squinting, as the sun was directly in our eyes.

Ann Underfunded Humanity1 and I2 took a few photos, though, to showcase our outfits before I headed off to partake in one of my favorite birthday traditions: a day of shopping by myself.  Occasionally, I will allow someone to accompany me, but most people don't have my stamina for perusing the racks in thrift stores and Filene's Basement for hours.  I'll show you my birthday loot over the next week or so.

1. Dress - Anthropolgie
Shoes - Naturalizer
Hose - ???

2. Dress - Shabby Apple (gift from my mom!)
Cardi - August Silk (thrifted and remixed)
Tights - Target
Shoes - Kenzie Girl (remixed)
Earrings - Gift (Stacia Davis Moore)
Ring - Gift (hand-made in Columbia)


AUH got this dress on sale from Anthropologie.  Isn't it gorgeous?  She better keep an eye on her closet the next time that I'm over....

So my mom sent me this Shabby Apple dress for my birthday.  I had been seriously coveting it, but I'm not sure that I love the length of it for my figure.  Everything else about the dress is perfect, and I honestly love this color with my complexion and hair color.  What do you think?  Should I get it hemmed to knee length?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger