tattoos

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Dress Challenge Day 5

Monday was International Women's Day.  So it was only fitting that I had coffee with a female faculty member who is a great mentor to me and then I taught about the witch-hunting phenomenon in early modern Europe. (The vast majority of those accused of witchcraft were women.)  My students had some interesting documents to read and only one class discussion left in which they could prove themselves so there was a pretty exciting discussion about popular and clerical beliefs about women in the fifteenth and sixteenth centuries.  That morning I briefly considered wearing a "witch" costume, but I decided that it was too campy.  Plus, I don't have any striped or green tights (clearly something that must be remedied at some point in the near future), so I wore my Shabby Apple dress one more time instead.1

1. Dress (as blouse) - Shabby Apple
Cardi - August Silk (thrifted and remixed)
Skirt - Anthropologie (thrifted and remixed)
Tights - Target (remixed)
Shoes - Kenzie (DSW)
Sunglasses - ??? 

I suppose it was inevitable that I style the dress this way for the fifth and final wearing for this challenge.  I had been wanting to wear this skirt again for a while.  It's kind of tricky to remix because its color palette is a little bit odd, but I thought it worked well with the bright turquoise and the browns of the cardi and shoes.  I'm glad I decided to go with tights and the extra warmth of the cardi because it enabled me to sneak in some reading outside in the sun and not feel the least bit chilly.


So which was your favorite?  Was it #5 or was it:

#1
#2
#3
#4?

How else would you style this dress?

Stop by this evening because when I return from administering a final exam I'm going to announce our next giveaway!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger