tattoos

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Sock Theory 101

Today both Ann Underfunded Humanity and I had ridiculously crappy mornings.  We both suffered some setbacks regarding our research agendas and left campus feeling frustrated and forlorn.  Only two things could save our shitty days and turn them around: sharing a chocolate truffle cookie at one of our favorite cafes and Smiley Socks from Sock Theory.

If only we had worn our Smiley Socks to campus in the morning....


Sock Theory, an independent, female owned company based in New York, kindly sent us these socks to review.*  They arrived a day or two ago, and today AUH and I decided to style them and to individually review them based on four criteria for now.  We’ll get back to you about the fifth criterion – durability – after many laundry days.


AUH decided to pair her socks with one of her favorite graphic tees and a knee-length skirt.1  The tee (which is adorable) features a piece of toast exclaiming, “Bonjour!”  She thought the upbeat tee would go well with the smiling socks and the skirt complemented both well.  AUH told me that she also appreciated having another outfit that went well with her gorgeous grey heels.

1. Tee - Urban Outfitters
Skirt - Beneton
Shoes - Kenzie
Necklace - St. Christopher Medallion from St. Patrick’s
Smiley Socks - Sock Theory


I also paired my socks with a graphic tee.  It is my favorite t-shirt and I will wear it until it disintegrates because it proudly proclaims that I am a GEEK.  Since the weather was gorgeous today, I went with capris, my new strappy sandals, and my favorite mustard-colored cardi for the chillier evening temperatures.2

 2. Tee - ??? (remixed)
Cardi - New York & Co. (remixed)
Capris - New York & Co. (remixed)
Sandals - Michael Kors (remixed)
Smiley Socks - Sock Theory

Ann gave the socks the following grades:
Comfort: B+ (They could be silk, but they are not….)
Cuteness: A
Quality: A
Versatility: A
Durability ???
Bonus:  It is pretty neat that these Smiley Socks have eyebrows!


I gave the socks the following grades:
Comfort: A-
Cuteness: A+
Quality: A-
Versatility: B
Durability ???


Although we do not hold PhDs in Sock Theory, we both might be willing to take a few more classes. AUH could see herself wearing these socks to teach in with quirkier shoes.  I could say the same for myself, especially later in the term.  We both agree that these socks provided instant cheer with their cute little smiley faces. 

For those of you not fortunate enough to have these cute Smiley Socks, do you have any item of clothing that instantly comforts you on a bad day?

*Note: Fashionable Academics was not compensated for reviewing this product.  Except with socks….  Smiley socks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger