tattoos

Monday, March 8, 2010

Style Perceptions Interview: The Fabulosity Factor

Our style perceptions series continues today with an interview with the vivacious Indy of The Fabulosity Factor.  Indy is a sophomore in college in the University of Wisconsin system.  She is planning on majoring in criminal justice.  Indy enjoys getting dressed in the morning, and her blog is the result of that.  In her words, "I love to read and play outside, but most of all, I love to learn.  I hope to one day change the world!"  

I love Indy's spirit and sense of play so I asked her a few questions about how she perceives the style of her professors.


What do you notice about what your professors/teachers are wearing?  Do you and your peers ever discuss the fashion choices of your professors?
I usually only notice if they are wearing anything out of the ordinary.  I have one female professor that dresses particularly bad and I notice that.  I also used to have one of my band teachers that was so fashion savvy and wore the sweetest heels every day.  That I noticed.

What kinds of attire do you think professors ought to wear when they're teaching? Is there anything that you really don't like to see your professors wearing?  How would you feel about a professor wearing sweatpants or a tracksuit?  How would you feel about a female professor wearing shorts over tights?
I would just like them to look like they tried.  Sweatpants and tracksuits may be pushing it, but I'd like to see a fashion-friendly prof, as long as it's appropriate.


In what ways do the dress and style of your professors impact the way you respond to them?  Do you automatically respect an instructor more if s/he is well-dressed?  Does an instructor's attire make him/her more approachable/less approachable? 
I don't think the clothing influences me in that way.  I'll approach a teacher whether or not he/she is wearing a suit or a tracksuit.

How would you react if you discovered that a style blogger was your professor?
I would follow them, but probably not make a big deal out of it so they wouldn't get embarrassed and feel like they had to edit what they post in anyway because a student was observing their blog.

Thanks so much to Indy for taking part in this series!  If you haven't yet, you should check out her blog.  She is the absolute master of jumping in her outfit shots

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger