tattoos

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Fiery Fluevogery

So, around the time that I moved to Spain, a dear friend of mine who is a very stylish Asst. Professor bought herself a pair of red Fluevog Cowgirl Boots.  I was broke and moving to Spain, so I didn't buy a pair for myself.  I just coveted them from afar.  When I moved back to the states I continued to covet them, but by the time I was in a financial position to consider a Fluevog purchase again, a pair was not to be found.  It made me a little sad.

Well, a couple of weeks ago I spotted a used pair being sold on ebay, and I convinced M. to bid on them for me as a birthday present.  He did and won, and they arrived the day before my birthday.  I had a chance to wear them for the first time today.1  They are a little bit scuffed, but I like to think of them as seasoned.
 1. Dress - Nine West (remixed)
Blazer - Silence + Noise (thrifted and remixed)
Tights - HUE (remixed)
Boots - Fluevog (via Ebay and gift)

I appreciated the extra sass these boots provide, as I was frantically rushing around to get some errands run and my lecture prepared before my commute this morning.  Then I had some car trouble on my way home.  I think it is because someone (not me) left the internal light on in the car on the way home from Virginia Beach yesterday and it eventually drained the battery -- at least I really hope that's the extent of the problem.  I had trouble getting the car to start after filling up for gas on my way home and then after stopping off at a local coffee shop to meet a friend to talk about dissertations, the job market, and recent and upcoming trips.  It took about 30 minutes to get the car started, but I eventually made it home to M. and Bailey.


I know that I've mentioned my financial, political, and environmental attitude about shopping at thrift stores in the past, but I haven't purchased much off of Ebay.  Have you?  What do you think about shopping online for second-hand attire?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger