tattoos

Saturday, November 7, 2009

The Spy Who Graded

After a morning of cover letters and class prep, I went out to run some errands.  I was out of contact solution and some other necessities and I had a pair of pants to return to Filene's Basement.  I was also going to have a cup of coffee and a chat with a dear friend of mine who now lives elsewhere but was back in town for a conference this weekend.  I decided that my first errand, though, should be a stop by the shoe repair shop to pick up my new John Fluevog Bondgirl boots.

Huzzah!  The beauties zipped right up.  They're still a teensy bit tight, but they now fit over my calves, and they are so comfortable and awesome.  I had to wear them out of the shop!  I had to be a Bondgirl!  I ran the rest of my errands, met up with my friend, and then went home to grade student work at my writing desk.  Perhaps, it was not the most exciting of Saturdays, but it was a nice mix of work and play.  And in my head (and I know it's corny to admit this, but, like Megarita, I've come to terms with the fact that I'm not cool) I thought of myself as the spy who graded.

As I've said before I love the weekends.  In part because I can wear the clothes that I wouldn't wear to teach in.  Today was no exception.  I paired a short plaid Kensie Girl dress (from Filene's Basement) with a fun, patterned Steve Madden jacket with 3/4 length sleeves (from Filene's Basement last year), and a pair of sweater tights that have miraculously entered their third fall/winter season (from H&M).  I also decided that I needed to start wearing some of my hats again.  I wore my cowboy boots until I picked up the Bondgirls.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger