tattoos

Friday, November 27, 2009

Black Friday, Black Boots

Since there is nothing that I needed to buy at the crazy Black Friday sales, I did not do any shopping today.  In fact, I spent most of the day inside looking at spreadsheets of wedding-related crap stuff with my fiance and in-laws and grading a pile of student essays.  Because my future mother-in-law is a very stylish lady, I felt compelled to put something on besides jeans.1  It paid off because I did manage to escape the history household for a couple of hours to go out for a lovely dinner at one of my favorite restaurants with my mom and my future family.  My beagle really wanted to come too....

1. Sweater - Old Navy (thrifted)
Skirt - J. Crew (thrifted)
Tights - Target
Cardi - Target
Boots - John Fluevog
Handbag - "Prada" (I haggled for this with a street vendor in Rome)

Although I'm still in the middle of my week-long boot challenge, I might have opted for a different pair of boots. But I wore my Bondgirls because my cobbler told me that I should wear them regularly.  He said that because Fluevogs are made of such a high quality leather that they will return to their original shape (which is too tight for my relatively normal sized calves) if I don't.  Again, I love boots, but I wish that the fashion industry would get a clue that we aren't all shaped like pencils.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger