tattoos

Sunday, November 22, 2009

Attention Holiday Shoppers...

Sometimes I like to dream big. When I was a kid, around this time of year the Christmas Wish Book would arrive at our door and my sister and I would devour it. With markers and highlighters in hand, we would go crazy making a wish list that would probably drive Santa into bankruptcy. After years of playing Santa myself, I realize there are some financial limits to the merriment one can afford this time of year. But in the spirit of childhood fantasy, here is my at times unreasonable and at others completely feasible wish list for this holiday season:
  1. Belts!!! Lots of them. I never have enough!
  2. Earl Warwick –John Fluevog Boots (yes!, La Historiadora de Moda has had her influence on me)
  3. Happy-Go-Lucky DVD (not extravagant but my husband and I saw it when we were in Berlin last Christmas -- the year we got engaged-- so it has some holiday sentiment for us)
  4. Diversely colored ties – mainly in plaid (particularly love with scotch plaid right now!)
  5. To be home with my Family-- my old family, and the new one that I started this year
  6. A belted trench coat –(I’m determined to make myself look good in something belted)
  7. New laptop/handbag(s)—(the one I have now, while awesome, is from IKEA and has seen better days)

Things can get out of hand this time of year. Last year my now husband, then fiancé and I were trying to keep cost down because we were trying to pay for our wedding. We decided to make bath bombs and salts for our friends and family to keep things economical. But with families our size, it was still quite a venture. Where do you draw the line on gift exchanges? What limits do you put on your real wish list? Do you try to stay away from the crazy cut-throat shopping this time of year? Or do you capitalize on the amazing deals?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger