tattoos

Thursday, November 26, 2009

Far From Stepford

My mom is in town and my fiance's parents are arriving this evening for dinner.  The best part of the holiday is either mashed potatoes or guilt-free procrastination from grading my students' papers.  (Oh, my Friday will be Black, indeed, but it's not here yet.)  I finally got around to some long overdue domestic chores.  Truth: my fiance cooks, cleans, and washes dishes far more than I do lately.  I am a pretty good cook, but If he had been looking for a Stepford Wife, he would have been sorely disappointed.  Yesterday, we cleaned the house thoroughly.  Today, I've been cooking up a storm, and El Historiador has been cleaning up after me and waiting to put his brined turkey in the oven.  I have been doing these tasks in boots.  Yesterday I wore my cowgirl boots.1  My photographer snapped this of me.  Note how my feet are up because the floor is freshly mopped. 

1. Shirt - TJMaxx
Dress - Target
Tights - ???
Argyle socks - Target
Cowboy boots - gift
Earrings - Target
Today I dressed up a little bit in one of my favorite dresses from Zara.  I bought it around three years ago and couldn't wear it for about two years because of weight gain.  I'm so happy that I fit into again, although it's still a little unflattering in a couple of areas, so I decided to cover that up, playing with analogous colors and wearing my pink and wine Victorian style Fluevogs.2 I also have had an apron on most of the day, so I don't splatter myself with flour or mashed potatoes. This is the closest I get to Stepford.

Anyhow, see how scary Stepford is?

2. Dress - Zara (Mexico - glorious sale)
Tights - ???
Boots - John Fluevog
Cardi - Say What (Filene's Basement)
Necklace - Target (clearance)
Apron with cherries on it - gift


For those of you who are in the states, what are your plans for Thanksgiving?  I hope it's a happy one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger