tattoos

Friday, November 20, 2009

New Hair and New Trends

I blogged yesterday about breaking up the academic routine and mentioned that one way to do that was go to the salon in the middle of the day and get your hair done and read trashy, gossip magazines.  Well, that's just what I did yesterday.  I wanted to get in a visit to my stylist before my mom and in-laws arrive for Thanksgiving and before the final, last mad push of the term begins.  I'm really happy with the results.  I love the dark red.  It feels much more me than the blonde highlights did.

Today, in an attempt to continue preventing a potential style rut, I decided to try belting a scarf.  It's a look that I've been seeing quite a bit lately.  I put this look together with a shirt dress that I don't wear that often because don't like the tie waist very much.  I took advantage of the scarf and the belt to just knot the tie and tuck it into the dress itself.  I also thought it was time to wear my new red argyle tights.1  I've been seeing a lot of argyle this season, too.

I was a little bit uncertain about trying the scarf-belting trend, but I'm pretty pleased with the way the outfit turned out. It was about all I had to be pleased with today, as I have a sore throat and a terrible sinus headache. I've been fighting this cold for a while, and it's finally won.  Instead of going out tonight to meet up with some girlfriends, I'm home wrapped in blankets and drinking hot tea.

 1. Short Sleeve Turtleneck - Necessary Objects (Filene's Basement)
Shirt dress - Target
Scarf - Target
Tights - HUE (Filene's Basement)
Belt - from another skirt
Spectator Pumps - r2 (DSW)

The liberal arts college where I am an adjunct has the whole week of Thanksgiving off, so today was my last class there for a week.  I'm grateful to have only one class to teach next week.  I'm hoping to get over the cold I seem to have come down with and get caught up on some of my own research stuff over the weekend and early in the week and then cook up a storm on Wednesday and Thursday.  (Look for a gratuitous apron post.)

How do you feel about belting scarves?  How do you tend to wear your scarves?  What are some of the new trends out there that you are trying or planning to try?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger