tattoos

Thursday, November 5, 2009

The Life Outside

Today I decided that I needed a couple of hours of the life outside. After two days of office hours, teaching, commuting, and teaching and a day of frantically writing a lecture and grading papers, I needed a couple of hours of time to spend on myself. I went into campus this morning to give a make-up quiz and then headed home around noon. I decided that work could wait a little bit. Sunshine was beckoning me to go outside and play. Plus, my dog really, really wanted to go to the park. My fiance and I took her to play and romp at the fenced-in dog park. Then we dropped the tired pooch off at home and went for a walk on the bike path that goes through our neighborhood. It's definitely chilly here, but I love the light. It instantly elevates my mood. After a little walking, a little tree climbing, and a little building and demolishing piles of leaves, I felt ready to settle back inside with a cup of tea, a blog, and, yes, some work too.




Don't forget about your other life! How do you stay sane at this point in the semester?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger