tattoos

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Two Wheeler Thursday

So far this semester I've tended to dress more on the side of business casual with just hints of my personal style thrown in, but as I am now in the thick of the term (which feels a bit odd to me since AUH, thechemist-coture, HD, and SFE only recently began their terms) and since today I was spending a fair amount of the time in my two classes reviewing for the upcoming midterm exam, I am beginning to reverse the paradigm.  I'm still aiming to dress professionally, but I'm now to the point in the term where I feel like I can relax some of my professartorial rules.
(Dress - Anthropologie (remixed), Cardigan - August Silk (thrifted and remixed), Belt - from another skirt (remixed), Tights - We Love Colors, Boots - John Fluevog (remixed), Little Woolf Necklace - Wendy Brandes)  
I have been holding off on wearing this dress because it's cotton, the print is very whimsical, and the last button falls in such a way that I feel like the dress exposes more leg than I personally would care to in the classroom.  At this point in the term I have fewer reservations about the first two of these issues and the gorgeous fall tights-wearing weather provides an easy solution for the third.

Do you have any professartorial rules that you relax as the term progresses?  For those of you, dear readers, who aren't academics do you have a substantially different approach to dressing for casual Fridays than for Monday-Thursday?  Do tell!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger