tattoos

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

The Return of Peacockery

A couple of days ago I brought my peacock tights1 back into the working rotation.  I wore them on Sunday, when I went to meet up with a couple of friends/colleagues at Panera for lunch and work.  Perhaps it would be more accurate to say that I intended to have lunch and do work.  I'd even brought a writing project and some grading with me, but, in the end, I didn't get any work done at Panera.  After lunch, my friends and I ended up chatting for three hours.  A number of topics, including my tights, came up over the course of the afternoon. 
1. Dress - c/o Shabby Apple (remixed), Cardi - Target (remixed), Tights - ModCloth (remixed), Boots - Steve Madden (via Famous Footwear), Barrette - Goody (remixed)
One of my friends remarked on the boldness of my peacock tights and raised the question of whether or not I'd wear them into campus.  I admitted to her that I would hesitate to wear these bold tights for a department meeting or a regular day of teaching, but I did say that I'd possibly wear them to give a final exam or for a class if my students were watching a film or having a review session.  (I have worn bold tights on such occasions in the past.)  What do you think? Are these tights weekend wear only or am I being needlessly sartorially conservative about them?  Would you wear these for teaching or a faculty meeting?  What about to work if you're a non-academic?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger