tattoos

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Sponsor Spotlight: Buttons and Baubles

I recently received this fantastic Western-inspired, double-stranded, choker-style necklace from one of our fall semester sponsors, Buttons and Baubles.  Buttons and Baubles is an Etsy vendor, who makes unique pieces of jewelry from vintage buttons and modern pieces.
I wore this necklace the day that it arrived, but then I managed to throw spaghetti sauce all over myself so no photos were taken....  I wore it again the other day paired with one of my standby jersey dresses and a cardi to campus for a day of teaching and office hours. 
(Dress - BCBG (remixed), Tank - H&M (remixed), Cardi - Target (remixed), Boots - John Fluevog (remixed), Necklace - Buttons and Baubles)

It is a rather heavy piece, so I was ready to take it off after twelve hours of wear.  However, I love the colors, and I think it will turn out to be a versatile accessory to add to my collection.  If you like this choker, Buttons and Baubles has a bracelet in a very similar style for sale in her Etsy shop, as well as a number of other whimsical and lovely upcycled bracelets, necklaces, rings, earrings, and shawl pins.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger