tattoos

Monday, September 20, 2010

Revising Policies

Last month I discussed how I have adopted LHdM's carrot (not-the-stick) approach to meeting professional goals: I vowed not to wear the Twinkle Twinkle Dress until I completed Chapter One. I broke that vow Thursday night, but I also realized that that particular policy was completely unrealistic.
1. Dress - Anthro
Cardi - Ann Taylor Loft
Rain Boots - Capelli via Marshalls
*The dress is a size 8; Jess, if you're interested in it, you might need to size down to a 6*

The occasion of wearing the dress was my husband's birthday, but before we went to dinner I did some major work in the library. In a way, it was my academic Wonder Woman dress (sadly, my WW pose came out horribly blurry). Instead of barring myself from wearing it I will instead wear it on the occasion of hitting major goals--including completing Chapter One. I also realized that Chapter One is just going to have to wait for a few weeks and that I have legitimate reasons for holding off: getting my Fall term course off to a good start, a separate teaching project, and a lengthy and important paper due for a professional organization. All of these things have to be done before I can get back to Chapter One. I think my new policy makes more sense.

Back to my outfit: It was rainy and cooler, so I donned new rain boots and stuffed my favorite brown mary janes into my bag. In the end, I wore the boots to the restaurant because I liked how they looked with the dress. Here's a closer shot of the boots:

I feel more comfortable with the slight wedge on these boots. They won't do in the snow, but I have an embarrassingly awesome pair of bright orange Land's End boots for that sort of weather.

Also, when I took these pictures both Shakespeare's Masculine Ending and a friend of mine were present and they laughed the entire time. Even though they know about my blogging, they thought that I looked insane while posing. After watching me pose multiple times for the timed camera, SME demanded that I let him take the shot of my boots so we could change and have cake and champagne.* I know a fair amount of us use a timer and a tripod for our photos--how do your partners, friends, and roommates react to your posing?

*Ann Underfunded Humanity: We saved the Rosa Regale you gave me for passing my exams until we had a proper pairing. On SME's birthday we finally popped it open alongside a flour-less chocolate cake. It was lovely!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger