tattoos

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

No-Nonsense

For my first day back to teaching I went with a no-nonsense outfit:

1. Twinset - Ann Taylor Loft (cardi-remixed)
Skirt - Ann Taylor (ebay-ed)
Shoes - Ferryl Robin
Bag - Accessorize (remixed)

This skirt is a Wardrobe Workhorse. And I've owned two of the same. The first one I owned was a smaller size and when I needed a new one I found the same exact skirt, in a larger size, on Ebay. It's a wool-silk mix and works in every season. Even more important than the blend is the fit and the cut and the fact that Ann Taylor comes in petite sizing.

Because I was so black-and-gray today I tried to lighten up my outfit with accessories. Instead of pearls around my neck I went with green glass beads:
2. Earrings - Macy's
Necklace - Target
Bracelet - Carolee (gifted)

And then there were the shoes:
3. Shoes - Ferryl Robin

I actually find these shoes comfortable to teach in because of the thicker heel. I've worn them with more exciting outfits but I like them best against a no-nonsense combination. Especially because they invite spectators (err...students) to suspect that there might actually be a little nonsense involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger