tattoos

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Wardrobe Gaps

Not being able to shop for clothing has really made me aware of just how much is in my closet.  However, there are a few gaps, and the shopping ban has made me quite aware of those.  Because I was feeling a bit bored yesterday but not quite up for braving the snow to get out of the house, I started taking inventory of my spring attire.  There are quite a few gaps here probably because in the spring and summer I'm wearing fewer layers and it's hotter and I sweat more so my summer clothes get washed far more frequently than the clothes I tend to wear in fall and winter do.  These are the gaps that I'd like to fill once I'm able to shop again on March 15th.  Incidentally, my birthday is two days later, if anyone is feeling generous....  :)

1. 2 or 3 spring and summer dresses.  I'm seriously coveting a couple over at Shabby Apple, especially this one.
2. a dark denim pencil skirt.  I'll be keeping my eyes out for one at the thrift stores once March comes around.

3. a lightweight skirt with a fun pattern.  I'll keep an eye out at the thrift stores for this too.

4. a new pair of black flats.  I've had mine for a couple of years and pretty much worn them into the ground.  I'm not opposed to finding these at the charity shops or on Ebay, but I have to admit I haven't had much luck buying secondhand shoes.

5. 3 or 4 summery blouses for teaching.  I'm thinking something along the lines of this J. Crew top would fit the bill perfectly.
6. a new pair of open-toed shoes.  I have plenty of sandals, but I only have a couple of pairs of peep toes.  A pair of open toed ankle boots might be fun.

I haven't quite worked out how I will reintegrate shopping into my life after the ban.  It will depend on how my employment situation for next year is looking, of course.  I'm all for continuing being as frugal and as environmentally responsible as possible.  I also just made a major purchase of a treadmill.  I realize this is a pretty flagrant shopping ban violation, but I'm tired of trying to train in the snow, ice, and cold, and most days it's not convenient for me to go to the gym.  I'd rather not have to spend more time getting to and from the gym than I'm going to spend running on a treadmill or the indoor track once I get there.  So I bought a treadmill for a good price on amazon yesterday, and I can't wait for it to be delivered!

So what items are you lacking for spring that you want to add to your closet?  Any winter items that you're still trying to add?


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger