tattoos

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Trending Topics

Today I have no intention of stepping foot outside the house.  I came down with a cold a couple of days ago, and I'm trying to get as well as I can for my operatic double date tomorrow.  I also have a mountain of papers to grade.  I decided to use my current status as a shut-in to take the opportunity to try a trend that I like on other people but that I have feared I would not like on myself at all: shorts over tights.  It is a trend that I might have flirted with back in the youthful days of my 90s, but to be honest with you I have only owned one pair of shorts that aren't gym shorts in the past ten years.  I don't really like shorts and in my twenties I decided that I should accept that and move on.  However, I've been seeing so many other lovely bloggers rock this trend that I decided to give it a try.

First I took a pair of jeans that I've had for several years but that I haven't worn for several months and applied a pair of scissors to them.1  I figured that even if I hated the look I wouldn't be out of pocket, in violation of shopping ban, etc.

1. Jean Shorts - Lucky Brand shorted by me
Tights - Target
Shirt - H&M (remixed)
Hooded Cardi - Larry Levine (Filene's Basement and remixed)
Boots - John Fluevog (remixed)

And I'm glad that I didn't go out of pocket.  My lack of confidence in the outfit and the fact that I am unwell showed in all of the photos.  I might give the shorts over tights thing another chance some other weekend in the future, but this is not a look that I would ever wear for teaching or into campus.  This first attempt definitely falls into the category of outfits that don't work.  My suspicion is that this look is just not me and that any shorts in my life are for gym-wear only.

What about you?  How do you feel about this trend?  Are there any trends out there right now that you like on other people but feel alien to your own personal style?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger