tattoos

Monday, February 15, 2010

Hitting the High Notes


On Sunday, LHdM and myself took our respective husbands out to the opera and a Valentines day dinner. I love to dress up for the theatre. And a second perk of dressing up (in addition to listening to a wonderful symphony or in this case a phenomenal opera performance) is getting the chance to see what everyone is wearing! During the intermission as I watched people milled around I noticed a few sour notes (Ugg boots at the opera??) but mostly got some really great ideas for some fashion trends I’d like to try. In particular I spotted a gentlemen wearing a great double breast pocketed button down shirt in a military-ish green. In fact the outfit was sort of a twist on military dress (epaulettes and various small pockets) with some black pants and a silver silk skinny tie. I know most of you must be scratching your heads right now, because how could you make that look formal? But it really was a great look although slightly unexpected at the opera! Do you skew traditional when attending events like these? Or do you go out on a limb? One of the trends at these performances is to see and be seen, so which do you catch yourself doing more?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger