tattoos

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Grin and Bear It?

Some days you just know that you're going to be cold no matter what you wear, so you might as well wear something that makes you happy.  Thanks to the snow stomping capabilities of my Fluevog Bondgirls1 and my secret hidden extra pair of socks, I know that I'll be able to trudge through campus the day after a snow storm and still do it in style. 
1. Dress - ModCloth (remixed)
Tights - We Love Colors (remixed)
Boots - Fluevog (remixed)
Cardi - Target (remixed)
Belt - remixed
Ring - Salamanca, Spain (remixed)
Secret hidden socks - Target

I'm a wimpy fashion blogger when it comes to the cold weather.  At one point in our very brief photo shoot yesterday, I essentially started laughing hysterically because of the chilling wind. 

Admittedly, this outfit isn't what I would opt for on those absolute coldest of days or on a day in the middle of February when I'd have to spend much time outside.  When it's really cold but I have to trudge around campus to teach my classes, I'll wear an extra pair of tights or when it's really icy and snowy, I'll go for a more utilitarian look on the bottom half of my body (thermals, trousers, or dark jeans, snowboots) and my more typical layered look of a blouse and cardi on top.  The truth is a good winter coat, good boots, a snug hat, and lots of light layers will keep you as warm as you're going to get when nature turns against humankind.  (Yeah, I know, I'm being melodramatic, but this is the time of year that I start to think winter has a personal vendetta against me.)  I figure on those days, my students will realize that the weather is playing a large factor in my sartorial choices.

So what do you wear when it's really cold and the walks are covered with ice and snow?  And for those of you who teach, how do you balance dressing to maneuvre sheets of ice and drifts of snow and dressing professionally so that you don't look like one of your students?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger