tattoos

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Snow Day Reds

I have been wanting to wear my NISI jacket1 again for a while and I had planned to wear it on National Wear Red Day, but I ended up staying in the house all that day because of a snow storm.  Then I considered wearing it on Valentine's Day to the opera, but I also really wanted to wear my pearl cameo choker and the two pieces just didn't quite work together.  So I waited one more day and wore my red jacket yesterday.  I paired it with my red dress and cognac boots (not pictured), and went out to meet my snowy fate.
1. Dress - Nine West (remixed)
Jacket - NISI (remixed)
Tights - HUE (remixed)
Shoes - John Fluevog (remixed)

After two snow storms last week, it started snowing heavily again yesterday morning here.  Fortunately, I don't have to drive on Mondays because there were several accidents on the highways, including one on the interstate which involved more than a dozen vehicles.  Instead I merely almost fell several times on the icy and snowy walks and ended up with frozen hair in spite of wearing a winter hat.  I went into campus several hours earlier than usual as I was supposed to meet with a colleague and his former student who is interested in going to graduate school in my field of specialization.  However, the student didn't show up to our coffee meeting, so my friend and I had a cup of coffee, chatted, and did some work.  After watching numerous cars slide on the road from the coffee shop window as I graded papers, I ended up taking the executive decision to cancel my evening class. I figured even if I didn't cancel, at least half of the class would have been absent.


When I made it home I switched shoes and let my hair defrost.  I wasn't willing to go back outside for photos, though, and I think I've got more of a "the ice on my hair is melting" grimace than a smile on my face.  At least my grimace had nothing to do with my outfit.

Since we got about 10 inches yesterday and last night and it is still coming down, I canceled my class today.  Both counties that I drive through are in a Level 2 Snow Emergency, and as much as I like my students, I'd rather be safe than sorry.  So I'll be using my snow day to work from home on my dissertation and some grading.

Are you having a snow day where you are?  What do you like to wear on snow days or days when you are working from home?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger