tattoos

Friday, February 26, 2010

Into the Trenches

Oh, awesome readers, I am turning my dissertation into my committee in just over two weeks and teaching four days a week, so please forgive me if my posting over the next couple of weeks gets a) spotty b) nonsensical c) slightly hysterical in tone or d) all of the above.  I still have a lot of work to do.  I finished my introduction last weekend, but my final chapter still needs revising.  I have to start working on the bibliography.  Oh, and write lectures for next Tuesday and Thursday and grade student papers.  Such is the life of an academic.  

At this point I'm pretty proud of the fact that there was only one day this week when I looked like I had dressed myself in the dark, so that was pretty good.  Here's the outfit1 I wore yesterday to teach about the Radical Reformation.

 1. Shirt - ?? (Filene's Basement)
Cardi - New York & Co. (remixed)
Pants - New York & Co.
Boots - Fluevog
Tights - Target
Dazed Expression - Staying up too late to watch the Olympics + Overworking

I actually had a brown pencil skirt on with this outfit initially, but it was riding up in an obnoxious way, so I decided to quickly change into these old gauchos.  I've had them for years and they are even more comfortable than pjs because they are so soft and forgiving. 

I'm not likely to get too much work done today, though, as I have an appointment with the eye doctor this afternoon and won't be able to look at the computer for a few hours afterward.  Also today is M.'s birthday, and we are going out to dinner tonight to celebrate!  It will be a welcome and hopefully refreshing break.  Tomorrow and Sunday, though, I'm chaining myself to my computer.
What are your plans for the weekend? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger