tattoos

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Blackboard Blues

Even though I almost never use the blackboard in my classroom (every so often I use it to make a stick figure illustration to drive a point home) and did not use it last night, I left my classroom with chalk dust all over me.  Why you ask?  I think it's a metaphysical law of wearing black pants.1  Seriously, I don't remember ever getting anywhere near the freaking chalk, yet somehow when I walked out the door after teaching my evening class, it was on my pants, my Fluevogs, and my coat.  Sadly, this is not the first time this has happened to me, and I somehow doubt it will be the last.

1. Shirt - H&M (remixed)
Sweater - Shae (Filene's Basement and remixed)
Capris - New York & Company
Boots - Fluevog (remixed)
Tights - Target


If you are a regular reader, you know that I don't wear pants all that often, but two months into the shopping ban, I'm starting to get a bit bored with the things that I normally wear -- also known as dresses and skirts.  With the walks still pretty snowy and slick, I decided yesterday that I would dig out these capris.  No need to worry about getting wet pant cuffs with cropped pants, and paired with tights they are just as warm as pants or a skirt.  I completely forgot about the chalk curse, though.....   At least it didn't get on my derriere. 

Do any of you teacher and professor types share this chalk issue?  Do you have any item of clothing that seems to attract mud, coffee, red wine, grape juice or pen ink whenever you wear it?

Don't forget to mark your agendas!  We are having a Giveaway tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger