tattoos

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Snow Day Casual

I spent my snow day yesterday snuggled up in my house with cups of hot tea, my dissertation, and the inevitable problem with having a snow day: two lectures that needed to get smashed into one. I was perfectly content to type away on my laptop with the Olympics on in the background and the occasional break to read a blog or two.  I really enjoy teaching, but I must admit that sometimes a day off from classroom responsibilities can be both productive and relaxing.  It was nice to get less desperately behind on my own work (I never actually feel caught up -- much less ahead) and to not have to deal with the snow.

I also took advantage of my snow day to wear a sweater that I should probably get rid of and a pair of flats that are no match for a foot or so of snow.1
 1. Sweater - Sweater Project (Filene's Basement)
Skirt - H&M (remixed)
Tights - We Love Colors (these are the light orange solid color tights)
Flats - Me Too (remixed)
Necklace - Gift (remixed)

See? The shoes are not exactly made for snow, but they're just fine for a day spent inside.

Meanwhile, I realized that I don't love this denim skirt so much anymore.  I haven't worn it for teaching (other than maybe every now and again late in the spring or the summer) for the past couple of years.  I'm considering donating it to Goodwill.  What do you think?  Should it stay or should it go?

Oh, and don't forget to stop by on Friday because we are having a Giveaway!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger