tattoos

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Sunny Side Up

I've worn my yellow cardigan a lot, and, since I paid full price (something I rarely do) for it back in October, that's a very good thing.  I wore it to have brunch with some other fashionable academics a week or so ago, and paired it with simple black and white stripes1.

1. Cardi - New York & Co. (remixed)
Jeans - Express (remixed)
Shirt - ??? (Filene's and remixed)
Flats - Me Too (DSW and remixed)
Belt - from a dress (remixed)
Socks - Target

I wore it2 again yesterday to teach -- or at least I tried to.  On a normal day I have about an hour to commute to the small liberal arts college where I teach.  Yesterday, though, it snowed several inches during the night and into the morning, and the bad road conditions on the interstate made me decide to turn around before I had to face even worse conditions on the state highways.  So I instead of teaching I just bummed around in this outfit -- did a little work, watched a movie, and snuggled with Bailey.

2. Dress - Nine West (Filene's and remixed)
Cardi - See above
Tights - HUE (remixed)
Boots - John Fluevog Bondgirls (remixed)
Belt - See above

It would also seem that I'm not the only one who loves this cardi....  Ann Underfunded Humanity borrowed it from me to wear with her gorgeous goose dress from Anthropologie at my wedding reception.

I love that this cardigan is making the rounds from casual weekend wear, to classroom wear, to party wear.  I'm also happy and relieved that Ann gave me my cardigan right back.  I can't believe there was a time only a few months ago that I didn't wear or even own a single item of yellow clothing!

Is there an item in your closet that seems to transition effortlessly back and forth between casual wear to classroom or work appropriate attire?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger