tattoos

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

I’m a Lumberjack and I’m OK


The NY Times photographer, Bill Cunningham, hits the streets of Manhattan weekly to photograph the styles “On the Street.” In a recent post by Bill he talks about the growth of “Lumberjack plaids ……in painters palette colors” I really have been afraid of all things flannel and steered clear of plaid prints. Something about them doesn’t quite fit with my personality. But taking my cues from the trends I have recently added a piece of red, black and yellow flannel plaid to my closet and I must say that I would not want to live without it now. Here I wear it with a blue high waisted track jacket and boyfriend jeans while I get some work done in the lab. I’m embracing my inner lumberjack, and it feels warm and cozy and doesn’t look half bad either. Who knew that I would like the lumberjack-wearing flannel look? Is there a fabric or pattern that you have stayed away from because of tropes associated with them?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger